About this Policy
This policy sets out how Dealer Trade™â„¢ Holdings Limited, including its related entities (Dealer Trade™), collects, uses and discloses your personal information.
Dealer Trade™ and privacy
Dealer Trade is bound by the Privacy Act (1988).
What personal information is collected?
Dealer Trade collects personal information to assist it and its related bodies corporate to conduct their activities and provide the range of services they offer.
Personal information collected by Dealer Trade™â„¢ may include:
- identification details, which may include name, birth date, gender, security questions and answers;
- contact information which may include email address and mobile phone number;
- bank account and credit account details;
- user IDs and passwords;
- services provided to you, including saved items and searches
- business information, such as ABN and licence number;
- information submitted in placing an advertisement, for example vehicle details and pricing;
- information submitted in applying for or requesting a quote for a finance or insurance related product;
- information about the devices on which you visit the Dealer Trade™ Network, and your activities on those sites;
- third party account details (for example where you sign in through a social network);
- social profile information;
- records and content of communications with Dealer Trade™ or any other person including records and content using Communications Services (as that term is defined in Dealer Trade™â€™ Terms and Conditions of Use); and
- information obtained as a result of your use of our mobile website or application such as geo-locations and unique device identifiers.
Please note that such records and content may be stored and scanned by Dealer Trade™.
How is personal information collected?
Dealer Trade collects personal information in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you when you provide information directly to Dealer Trade™ in person, by phone or in writing (whether electronic or otherwise) for example when you create an advertisement on one of our websites; when you enquire about an item on one of our websites; or in a contract with your business to provide you with our services;
- directly from you when you communicate with Dealer Trade™ or any other person using Dealer Trade™ Communications Services;
- from third parties such as: â—¦ Dealer Trade™ related companies; resellers of Dealer Trade™ services and service providers to Dealer Trade™;
- operators of linked or served web sites, applications and advertising on the Dealer Trade™ network;
- social networks where you choose to share that information when creating an account;
- from 3rd party data providers who have been directed by you to send us information on your behalf;
- through use of Dealer Trade™ proprietary software in which personal information is stored;
- from organisations identified or described under the heading How is personal information disclosed;
Dealer Trade may collect personal information about you if you are a Dealer Trade shareholder. This information may be collected from you directly when you subscribe to receive email alerts via the Dealer Trade website or from third parties such as Dealer Trade™â€™ share registry.
How is personal information used?
Your personal information may be used for the following purposes:
- to maintain appropriate business records;
- to research, develop, improve and use within Dealer Trade™ products and services and by its outsourced service providers to provide and improve their services;
- to pre-populate / customise / provide shortcuts on our websites;
- to conduct surveys to determine use and satisfaction with Dealer Trade™ services;
- to generate statistics in relation to the Dealer Trade™ Network;
- for the purposes of feedback, reviews and ratings;
- to promote and market special offers and other services to you;
- for purposes connected with the operation of the Dealer Trade™ Network;
- for staff training and quality assurance;
- to personalise the site experience and / or the advertising you see when you visit sites within the Dealer Trade™ Network
How is personal information disclosed?
Dealer Trade may disclose personal information to individuals and organisations other than Dealer Trade™. The organisations to which we may disclose personal information include:
- Dealer Tradeâ€™ staff and Dealer Trade™’ related bodies corporate and their staff
- the public if you advertise with Dealer Trade™ or use publicly available Communications Services
- individuals and organisations that advertise with Dealer Trade™ if you submit an enquiry or seek or acquire certain services through Dealer Trade™ – depending on your enquiry or the services being sought or acquired these may include: â—¦ private advertisers;
- licensed car dealers;
- original equipment manufacturers;
- car brokers;
- operators of Linked Sites;
- financial service providers;
- insurance service providers;
- vehicle inspection service providers;
- transportation service providers;
- payment services providers;
- outsourced service providers who assist any of the above persons to provide services;
- If you do not want Dealer Trade™ to disclose your personal information to these individuals and organisations, you should not submit an enquiry or acquire those services.
- outsourced service providers who assist Dealer Trade™ to provide its services including:
- information technology providers;
- marketing and market research advisers;
- professional advisers; and
- payment platforms.
- entities to whom you request we send your information;
- resellers of Dealer Trade™ services;
- organisations involved in a sale/transfer of Dealer Trade™ or any of its related bodies corporateâ€™s assets, business or shares;
- to assist government or regulatory authorities or police;
- as we are required by law, for example pursuant to a subpoena or in accordance with unclaimed money legislation.
Maintaining personal information quality
Dealer Trade strives to maintain accurate and up-to-date records. To facilitate this, please let us know if any of your details change. You may update certain personal information through your membership account held by one of our services within the Dealer Trade™ Network.
Dealer Trade may destroy or de-identify personal information once the information is no longer deemed required by the business.
How to access your personal information
You generally have a right to access your personal information, subject to a few exceptions provided by law. If you wish to access your personal information, please contact us via the details at the bottom of this page. Please remember to provide as much detail as you can as this will help us to find the information. There is no charge for this service, however you may be required to verify your identity before any information is released to you. Please note that depending on the volume or nature of the information required, it may take a number of days to fulfil the request.
About security and personal Information
Dealer Trade takes reasonable steps to protect personal information collected from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modifications or disclosure. Your personal information may be stored in hard copy documents, but is generally stored electronically on Dealer Trade™ systems.
Transfer of personal information outside of Australia
What if you don’t provide personal information?
If you choose not to provide personal information when requested, Dealer Trade may not be able to provide you with the full range of Dealer Trade services.
Dealer Trade™ Network, Linked Sites and personal information
When you visit a website or use an application on the Dealer Trade™ Network, Dealer Trade™ records anonymous information such as IP address, time, date, referring url, and other referral information, device information and location, carrier, site interactions such as your access to website features, pages accessed, content, searching activities, lead submission, and files accessed and downloaded, type of browser and operating system. Such information collected by Dealer Trade may be linked to other information Dealer Trade™ holds about a user, compiling a complete profile about Dealer Trade™ usersâ€™ browsing, purchasing and other activities on the Dealer Trade™ Network.
Dealer Trade may, from time to time, use third party advertising companies to collect data and/or serve ads when you visit a website on the Dealer Trade™ Network. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to websites in order to provide advertisements about good and services of interest to you.
What if I have a problem?
If you have a problem, complaint, want to change your personal information or just wish to enquire about privacy please contact us.
Level 8, 490 Upper Edward St Brisbane QLD 4000
GPO Box 5245, Brisbane QLD 4001
Dealer Trade treats complaints relating to privacy extremely seriously. If you submit a concern or complaint, we will endeavour to deal with it comprehensively and reach an outcome with which all parties are satisfied. If you would like further information about privacy in Australia, please review the Office of the Australian Information Commissionerâ€™s website.
How this policy changes
This policy may change over time. All changes will be published on this page.
Updated 8 February 2017